Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Channeling Matisse ------


I have decided to do a more expressive style piece of an interior.  I 've had an 18x24 stretched canvas staring at me, I mostly work on wood panels, but for this piece it's perfect.  I am finding that painting quickly and without restriction can be very exciting as well as therapeutic. 
I have three sons and my middle son Maxwell now 26 living in Brooks Maine has decided to give up  organic farming for his true passion - Painting!  He studied at the Museum School in Boston but then started an organic farm with his partner  three years ago only to realize his true calling.  I have shown and sold some of his early paintings of farm life.  By chance  he  met a rather well known painter from Belfast who has agreed to mentor him and the results so far are amazing. 
  Zachary and Maxwell have decided to pursue careers in the Visual Arts  or should I say , "The calling."  Both of them have had wonderful opportunities and doors that have open .   I am grateful for them and their gifts. Here are a few of Max's older pieces that I will make available in my etsy shop.  Stay tuned for his new work .  Done in 2015-2016 



 

No comments: